June’s recipe is this delicious cinnamon coffee cake.
125 gm butter
3/4 cup raw sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
300 ml sour cream
90 gm butter softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped sunflower seeds
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla, add eggs one at a time.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda, add to creamed mix alternately with sour cream, blending after each addition.
- Cream butter, brown sugar and cinnamon, add sunflower seeds and mix well.
- Spread half the batter into a 21 cm lined round tin (or similar) and dot with half with sunflower mix, cover with remaining batter mix and dot with remaining sunflower mix.
- Bake about 45 – 50 mins at 180 C.
- Cool 10 mins before turning out.